Near east side road will close to vehicle traffic, not bikes, pedestrians | Public Spaces
On Monday the city of Madison will begin a pilot project to close Jackson Street between Atwood Avenue and St. Paul Avenue, according to the release.
The project will close Jackson Street to through-traffic, but bike and pedestrian traffic will be allowed on Jackson Street and the bike path, officials said.
The closure is expected to last until October, and motorist are advised to use alternate routes.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters