Police: Teen followed off bus, robbed | News
An 18-year-old Madison man told police he believes an attacker followed him off a bus before robbing him Friday night.
The victim said he got off a Madison Metro bus on East Johnson Street near the intersection with Fordem Avenue. He said he was walking to his apartment when a man behind him asked to use his phone.
When the man pulled it out of his pocket, the robber grabbed it and pushed the victim to the ground, according to police.
The robber was last seen running on East Johnson Street near First Street. He?s described as black, 20 to 22 years old, 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, with an average build, short hair and wearing all black clothing, including a coat with a hood.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police find ?realistic? BB gun in La Follette student?s backpack
- Officials: Madison police officer punched by teen
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs
- Police: Blood, shell casings found outside east Madison restaurant