Officers respond to report of shots fired on Near East side | News
Police said the department received numerous calls just after 10 p.m. Monday that shots were fired on the Near East side of Madison.
According to the report, officers found shell casings in the roadway at the intersection of Myrtle Street and North Street.
A resident told police a car was observed driving fast heading west on Myrtle just after the gunfire was heard.
There were no arrests made nor were suspects indicated in the report.
Police also said there were no injuries or property damage reported.
Madison Police Department had also responded to a report of shots fired at about 8:30 p.m. Monday night; the earlier report was located approximately 10 blocks away on East Washington Avenue.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 6 allegedly involved in ?violent home invasion? charged
- Police find ?realistic? BB gun in La Follette student?s backpack
- Officials: Madison police officer punched by teen
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs