Police: Man demands 55-year-old hand over cash on Ingersoll St. | News
A 55-year-old Madison man was mugged as he walked along Ingersoll St. just before 8 p.m. Wednesday, Madison police said.
The victim told police that two men approached him. One of the suspects told the victim that he had a gun and demanded money. Police said the other man, an accomplice to the crime, stood silent.
The victim gave up his cash and the criminals fled on foot, according to the report.
Police described the robber as a stocky-built black man about 5 feet 6 inches tall with dreadlocks pulled back behind his head. He was wearing dark clothing with white cursive lettering on the back and bright white sneakers, according to the report.
The suspect who police are calling an accomplice is described as a white man about 5 feet 10 inches tall with light-brown shoulder-length hair also wearing dark clothing.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOJ: Man sentenced for pulling loaded gun on friends at bus stop
- Madison libraries, streets division to host composting classes
- Officials look for dog, possibly named Habanero, that bit man
- Police: Scammer posts as east business on classified car sales website
- Woman scammed into sending money to Lebanon