Old Don Miller buildings will be demolished | News
What was once the site for the Occupy Madison protesters is now one step closer to becoming an office building.
Madison?s Plan Commission unanimously agreed to demolish the buildings on the 800 block of E. Washington Ave. Monday night.
The structures used to be occupied by the Don Miller Auto Group.
City officials said the empty lot will be rebuilt into office, residential and commercial buildings with the hope it will revitalize the stretch of East Washington.
?There hasn't been much activity in the East Washington corridor for quite a while,? said Steven Cover, director of Madison?s Department of Planning & Community & Economic Development. ?Two to three new projects in this area; we think that will generate a lot of interests, bring more people into the area.?
The development of a 12-story apartment and commercial building is already under way.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters