Quick response saves Willy St. building | News
A quick response by firefighters saved a Williamson Street building from severe damage, according to Madison fire officials.
The Madison fire department arrived to a bakery at 1348 Williamson Street just after noon on Sunday. Firefighters found a fire involving trash carts, furniture and other materials located outside the back of the building.
Fire authorities said the firefighters' quick response coupled with the brick construction saved the building from more damage.
Firefighters put out the fire and found it damaged a brick wall, broke a window and damaged a nearby pick-up truck.
Damages are estimated around $5,000, but no one was hurt. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 6 allegedly involved in ?violent home invasion? charged
- Police find ?realistic? BB gun in La Follette student?s backpack
- Officials: Madison police officer punched by teen
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs