Madison woman charged with 6th OWI | News
A Madison woman was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated for the sixth time after she was pulled over on Madison's East Side, according to Dane County authorities.
A sheriff's deputy arrested Shari Broughton, 40, just after 2 a.m. Tuesday.
According to the Sheriff's Office, Broughton was arrested after a deputy observed her speeding on Stoughton Road northbound near Milwaukee Street in the Town of Blooming Grove.
Broughton was arrested on felony OWI charges along with a warrant for a parole violation.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters