Beach on Lake Waubesa closed because of blue-green algae | News
A beach in the Town of Dunn was closed this weekend following a report of blue-green algae in the water.
Goodland County Park Beach on Lake Waubesa was closed to swimmers after public health officials tested the water and found it positive for blue-green algae.
The algae can sicken people and pets.
To check the status of other Madison-area beaches, visit http://cityofmadison.com.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOJ: Man sentenced for pulling loaded gun on friends at bus stop
- Madison libraries, streets division to host composting classes
- Officials look for dog, possibly named Habanero, that bit man
- Police: Scammer posts as east business on classified car sales website
- Woman scammed into sending money to Lebanon