Goodman Pool opens Friday | News
Madison's Goodman Pool opens for the season on Friday.
Gates will open at 4 p.m. and this weekend, from noon until 7 p.m.
A daily pass for adult residents is $4.50 and $3 for children. A family pass averages about $175.
Laura Whitmore, of Madison Parks Department, said that their opening date dovetails with the end of the school year in the Madison Metropolitan School District.
"Our season corresponds with the Madison school district so we'll have an evening time on Monday, cause kids are in school all day," she said. "However, this is exciting. They're off early on their last day of school the (June) 12. So, we will be having a special last day of school the first 500 kids will get in free."
The pool has a variety of activities that include swimming lessons and some classes for adults to get exercise.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters