La Follette beats Middleton in girls' softball | News
Nicole Newman has become a dominant pitcher for the Madison La Follette High School softball team. She showed how dominant in a game on Tuesday against Middleton.
Newman threw 14 strikeouts in a two hit shutout, as La Follette beat Middleton. 5-0.
She also helped her team with some offense, getting a triple in the game. Arianna Sweeney also helped the cause with a base hit in the bottom of the third.
There was a play at the plate, but Spencer Cook made it in safely to give the Lancers a 4-0 lead at the time.
The win helps La Follette go to 11-3 on the year.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters