Madison city officials send out property assessments | News
Madison city officials said that 58 percent of property owners are being mailed notices of changes in their home assessments for 2012.
City officials are reporting that 39,638 owners will receive reductions, while 3,010 will receive increases.
The ?Open Book? inspection period goes until May 11, officials said. This gives property owners a chance to look at the 2012 preliminary assessment roll to see if there are any obvious clerical errors.
Property owners who want to compare assessments can access assessment reports in the lobby of the Office of the City Assessor.
Officials said owners who disagree with their assessments should personally discuss it with the appraiser who set the value.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs
- Police: Blood, shell casings found outside east Madison restaurant
- Man accused of stabbing girlfriend 29 times pleads guilty
- Police: Man punched woman in SUV, punctured tires