Trash collection suspended Friday, returns Monday | News
There will be no refuse or recycling collection in the city of Madison on Friday due to the Independence Day holiday, officials said.
Residents who have their refuse and recycling collected on Fridays will have their material collected on Monday, according to a notice from the city Streets Division. Residents in Monday’s trash collection district will also have their material collected on the Monday.
Madison Recycling Coordinator George Dreckmann said that residents should have their material out for pickup by 7 a.m.
Dreckmann also said the holiday may cause large item service to run a day late next week.
Madison's yard waste drop off sites will also be closed on Friday. They will reopen Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., officials said.
More information about waste services is available online at www.cityofmadison.com/streets or by phone at 246-4532 (east) or 266-4681 (west).
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters