Woman hit by car Aug. 8 died over weekend, officials say | News
A woman who was hit by a car while attempting to cross East Washington Avenue Aug. 8 died over the weekend, officials said.
Andrea Maniss, 50, of Madison, was in critical condition after being hit in a crosswalk around 3:25 p.m. when the driver of the vehicle in the center lane hit her, according to a release.
Officials said the driver attempted to stop but was unable to.
The crash remains under investigation and no citations have been issued, according to the release.
Officials ask anyone with information about the crash to call Crimestoppers at 608-266-6014.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters