Driver strikes two cars, suspected of OWI | News
A Madison man was arrested after his car struck two other vehicles and he attempted to drive away, according to Madison police.
Officers were called to the 20 block of East Johnson Street at 1:15 a.m. on Friday for a report of a crash. Police said a car driven by Nathaniel D. Abrams, 59, of Madison, clipped a vehicle, rear-ended another vehicle and struck a building before bouncing back into the street.
Witnesses told police Abrams got out of his car and fell to the ground before getting back behind the wheel and trying to drive away. Police said empty beer cans were found on the floor of his car.
Abrams was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries. He was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating while intoxicated, operating while revoked and unsafe lane deviation.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police find ?realistic? BB gun in La Follette student?s backpack
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs
- Police: Blood, shell casings found outside east Madison restaurant
- Man accused of stabbing girlfriend 29 times pleads guilty