Facebook dispute leads to girls fighting | News
A dispute that started on Facebook led to a fight between two teenage girls, according to Madison police.
Police said the 14-year-old and 15-year-old girls brought several friends with them when they met in a park near North Sixth Street Tuesday afternoon. The girls exchanged blows, and the 14-year-old struck the 15-year-old in the face with a padlock, according to police.
The 15-year-old suffered facial cuts and a swollen lip.
The 15-year-old told police the 14-year-old was given the padlock by another girl.
The 14-year-old was arrested on suspicion of battery while armed and disorderly conduct. Another 14-year-old girl was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct while armed.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters