Vending Machine Robbery Suspect Arrested On Theft Charges | Crime
A homeless man was spotted using a bent tire rod to pry open a vending machine at a Madison business on Wednesday night, according to the Madison Police Department.
Police said Earnest Vasser III broke into the Scooter Therapy store at 12 N. Few St. at about 10:30 p.m.
Police said damage to the vending machine was about $800.
Officers said they spotted Vasser walking away from the scene. Vasser said he did not know what was going on, that he didn’t do anything wrong. He also said the coat he was wearing belonged to a friend, after police said they found a crack pipe in one of the pockets.
Madison police said more than two dozen thefts from vending machines have been reported since the first of the year.
At this time, Vasser has only been connected to Wednesday night’s break-in, police said.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 6 allegedly involved in ?violent home invasion? charged
- Police find ?realistic? BB gun in La Follette student?s backpack
- Officials: Madison police officer punched by teen
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs