Woman suffers road rash trying to stop thief | Crime
A woman who tried to stop a thief from driving away with her money suffered road rash when she fell off the car Sunday night, according to Madison police.
The incident happened on Dexter Street around 8:20 p.m. Sunday.
According to police, the woman said the man was someone who had done some handiwork in the apartment complex in the past.
When she saw the man, she asked him to look at her garbage disposal. But when the man was in the apartment, he took money from her wallet and ran away.
She followed him out the door, and grabbed onto the open driver's side window area in an effort to stop him from getting away in his car. However, she dropped off before the car reached Dexter St.
The victim fell off the car and hit her head after she fell, and she believes she momentarily lost consciousness.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs
- Police: Blood, shell casings found outside east Madison restaurant
- Man accused of stabbing girlfriend 29 times pleads guilty
- Police: Man punched woman in SUV, punctured tires