Madison beaches opening for hot weekend | Community Spirit
The heat and sunshine are causing Madison beaches to have some pre-season open hours this weekend.
- BB Clarke Beach, 835 Spaight St.
- Olbrich Park Beach, 3527 Atwood Ave
- Tenney Park Beach, 1414 E. Johnson St.
- Vilas Park Beach, 702 S. Randall St.
- Bernies Beach, 901 Gilson St.
- Esther Beach, 2802 Waunona Way
- James Madison Park Beach, 614 E. Gorham St.
- Olin Park Beach, 1156 Olin-Turville Court
- Spring Harbor Beach, 1918 Norman Way
- Warner Park Beach, 2930 N. Sherman Ave.
Pre-season beach hours
- Fri., June 8: Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services from 2p.m. – 7p.m.
- Sat., June 9 – Sun., June 10: Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services 11a.m. – 7p.m. & Neighborhood Beaches will have lifeguard services from 12:30p.m. – 4:30p.m.
- Mon., June 11 – Tues., June 12: Regional Beaches will have lifeguard services 2p.m. – 7p.m.
Regular season hours - daily
Beginning Wednesday, June 13 regional beaches will have lifeguard services 11a.m.-7p.m. and neighborhood beaches will have lifeguard services 12:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Cypress Spray Park, 902 Magnolia Ave. -- opens June 8
Cypress Spray Park will open June 8 for the summer season today for a free, safe, and fun place for kids to cool off. The park has low-spray water features for toddlers and cascading water features for adolescents. The spray area will be open from 11a.m.-7p.m. daily throughout the summer.
Goodman Pool, 325 W. Olin Ave. -- opens June 8 at 4 p.m.