Goodman Community Center's Iron Works Cafe To Host Fish, Burger Nights | Community Spirit
On a cold winter evening, what could possibly be better than a traditional Wisconsin fish fry and burgers featuring local ingredients?
How about all of those things, plus the opportunity to support teens as they gain valuable employment training, experience and get the support they need to make it through school? Add the last ingredients, the inviting, beautiful ambience of the Goodman Community Center, and you get the recipe for near perfection.
The GCC TEENworks program and the Ironworks Café Teen Culinary program are offering fish fry and burger nights beginning Friday, Jan. 13. Dinners will be served in two seatings. The first is 5:30 p.m. and the second 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 13 and 27; Feb. 10 and 24.
Every table will include a pickled platter featuring house-preserved vegetables, fresh made dinner rolls, house-made tartar sauce and malt vinegar.
The Menu includes:
- Fried walleye with choice of Wisconsin grown potatoes (fries or hash browns) and salad $16
- Local grass fed burger with fries and salad, including a beverage for $16
- Vegetarian option is a house made veggie burger with fries and salad including a beverage for $16.
- Kids menu available $4 to $7 entrees
- Cup of homemade chowder $3 per cup
- Beer and wine: for $4 Capital Island Wheat and $4 Hopalicious
- Cabernet or Chardonnay $4 per glass
- Several homemade desserts will be available for purchase.
Tickets are available at the door, but we encourage you to make your reservations today at the front desk or by calling 608-241-1574. Tickets are $16.
Soup, children’s menu, beverages and dessert can be added at the event.
By dining with us, you are not only getting a phenomenal dinner featuring locally-raised products, but you are supporting TEENworks. TEENworks works with 75 high school students annually to help them complete high school, explore various careers and post-secondary education options, and gain important job skills.
For more information about the Center, visit www.goodmancenter.org.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters