'Yogathon' to celebrate health, raise funds for lung cancer research | Arts & Culture
Free to Breath Madison hosts auction, yoga session downtown
A cancer awareness group will host a wellness event Saturday to benefit lung cancer research and promote healthy living.
The Free to Breathe Madison Lung Cancer Yogathon will be held at Union South. Check in is at 8:30 a.m. and a silent auction and wellness expo will take place. The 108-minute yoga session begins at 9:45 a.m. After yoga, refreshments will be offered and prizes drawn.
Cost to participate in the charity event is $30 Saturday and participants can register on site. Attendees wishing to take part in the yoga session are asked to bring their own mats.
On its website, Free to Breathe said it is an event series and fundraising program initiated in 2006 in Philadelphia to raise awareness and research funding to eradicate lung cancer.
Organizers said parking is available for free in Lot 20, two blocks from Union South, or paid parking is offered in the underground lot at Union South.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local runners remember Boston Marathon tragedy
- DOJ: Man sentenced for pulling loaded gun on friends at bus stop
- Madison libraries, streets division to host composting classes
- Officials look for dog, possibly named Habanero, that bit man
- Police: Scammer posts as east business on classified car sales website