Saxophone quartet performing at campus art museum | Arts & Culture
Ancia Saxophone Quartet performs for a weekly WPR music series
A four-piece saxophone ensemble is scheduled to perform at the Chazen Museum of Art Sunday at 12:30 p.m.
Ancia Saxophone Quartet will play live in the museum's Brittingham Gallery III as part of the weekly Wisconsin Public Radio program "Sunday Afternoon Live from the Chazen." The performance will also broadcast simultaneously to WPR affiliates in the state.
Seats are free. Wisconsin Public Radio and Chazen Museum of Art members can reserve seats, however, seats for non-members are available on a first-come, first-served on Sunday.
Ancia Saxophone Quartet is a Twin Cities-based group that has performed internationally and on public radio programs. The group's recorded selections include works by J.S. Bach, George Gershwin and Duke Ellington, as well as original saxophone compositions.
After the concert, coffee, tea and treats will be provided at a reception. A free guided tour of the Chazen galleries will begin at 2 p.m.
For more information visit the Chazen Museum of Art website.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 6 allegedly involved in ?violent home invasion? charged
- Police find ?realistic? BB gun in La Follette student?s backpack
- Officials: Madison police officer punched by teen
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs