56 arts projects, orgs get cut of $91K grants | Arts & Culture
More than 50 area artists and organizations got a cut of $91,775 in funding earmarked for cultural programs, city representatives said.
At its May 21 meeting, the Madison Common Council approved the recommendations of the Madison Arts Commission to award 56 of Madison's artists and non-profit organizations.
The commission said more than 90 percent of funding applicants received a grant, which MAC chair Leslee Nelson described as seed money.
“Especially for new projects, even a small amount of funding provides an endorsement that groups use to find additional resources required,” Nelson said in a news release.
The projects funded ranged from theatrical productions, dance and ballet programs, musical instruction at various schools, and more.
For a list of the 56 organizations and projects, visit the City of Madison website.
MAC is an arts-focused arm of the city that said it works to advance arts and culture in the Madison area.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters