56 arts projects, orgs get cut of $91K grants | Arts & Culture
More than 50 area artists and organizations got a cut of $91,775 in funding earmarked for cultural programs, city representatives said.
At its May 21 meeting, the Madison Common Council approved the recommendations of the Madison Arts Commission to award 56 of Madison's artists and non-profit organizations.
The commission said more than 90 percent of funding applicants received a grant, which MAC chair Leslee Nelson described as seed money.
“Especially for new projects, even a small amount of funding provides an endorsement that groups use to find additional resources required,” Nelson said in a news release.
The projects funded ranged from theatrical productions, dance and ballet programs, musical instruction at various schools, and more.
For a list of the 56 organizations and projects, visit the City of Madison website.
MAC is an arts-focused arm of the city that said it works to advance arts and culture in the Madison area.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs
- Police: Blood, shell casings found outside east Madison restaurant
- Man accused of stabbing girlfriend 29 times pleads guilty
- Police: Man punched woman in SUV, punctured tires