Ladysmith Black Mambazo coming to Barrymore Theatre | Arts & Culture
The South African musical collective, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, will perform at the Barrymore Theatre June 18.
The group has performed for more than 50 years. Its distinctive style combines the harmonies of native South African musical tradition and the sounds of Christian gospel music.
The group was founded by Joseph Shabalala in the early 1960s, taking the names of his rural hometown, Ladysmith; adding a reference to strong oxen, black; and the Zulu word for axe, Mambazo.
Tickets are available online through the Barrymore website.
Upcoming Events near Madison Near East
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters